As we have been getting lot of mails regarding the Indian users getting Android 4.3 upgrade in India from last evening, many Nexus device users have been trying with no success too to get the upgrade. Well, we found out a work around to upgrade your Nexus device to the latest Android 4.3 JellyBean, which will pull out the upgrade from the local server for you. First and foremeost is you need to have either Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 to get this upgrade. The below are the steps to force upgrade and get the OTA right onto your Nexus device.
1. Go to Settings->Apps->All
2. Look for the app Google Services Framework and click on Clear Data, and perform a Force Stop
3. Now Restart your phone by pressing the power button for few seconds.
4. After you Reboot you get the Android 4.3 OTA upgrade notification to Install the file which is 167 MB.
5. Download the file and follow the steps provided to continue the installation which may require a reboot after downloading the file.
Please do let us know if it worked for you and if you could pull out the upgrade using these steps. To confirm we also tried on our Nexus device, and it worked just fine and smoothly installed the upgrade.
Latest posts by Deepak Bhasin (see all)
- Micromax Yu Yuphoria set to launch in India on May 12 - May 1, 2015
- LG G Flex 2 goes on sale in India via Flipkart for Rs 54,990 - April 30, 2015
- Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML with 128GB storage launched via Flipkart in India - April 30, 2015