Finally, the much awaited Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for OnePlus One via Cyanogen OS 13 has begun. The update will definitely start rolling out in phases, so do not worry if you haven’t got yours yet.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for OnePlus One comes following the mention from the company. The features which can be expected from the latest update are,
1. Doze mode – In this mode, when your smartphone completely stops working it will Doze off by stopping Wi-fi, syncs, jobs and will only wake up when the handset starts moving again.
2. Granular permissions – The apps will need to ask for basic permissions during the first time of the app installation like internet access.
3. Google Now on Tap – By performing long press on your Home button, you should be able to directly launch Google Now services.
4. Android Pay – After Apple and Samsung Pay are beginning to catch up everywhere, Android Pay has come back strongly on Marshmallow. We can expect this to be useful and may no more need Credit or Debit cards or our wallets to shop around.
5. System UI Tuner – Once enabled, it will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom. It provides a few simple UI tweaks, including adding a battery percentage indicator to your battery icon, a customizable Quick Settings area, where toggles can be rearranged or removed and new ones added, and a menu for deciding which icons are displayed in your status bar
6. Personalized lockscreen message – Google has introduced a new text-box just under the lockscreen time to go another step further to help personalise your phone which can be used for motivational quotes, important reminders, name tags and much more.
7. Brand new app drawer – The update adds the new app search bar, voice interface, and alphabet scrubber in the app drawer, and vertical app drawer orientation, as well as the uninstall shortcut.
The update may bring in much much more features, but we would know that once we have our hands-on on the Cyanogen OS 13.
Latest posts by Deepak Bhasin (see all)
- MIUI 9 coming to Mi 2 and 2S along with a long list of Xiaomi devices - July 20, 2017
- iVoomi Me4 and Me5 comes to Flipkart starting at Rs 3,499 - July 20, 2017
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 coming to India on July 27, priced at Rs 16,999 - July 18, 2017