After a great response from our readers on our recent articles, we this time thought out to bring you the top 5 Android tablets in India. We went on to choose the ones which around 7 inch tablets, as they are the ones in demand than the ones which are of 10 inch and above size right now. We rated them based on their prices, their capabilities and general feel about these tablets. So, let’s go on and see which are the best ones for you to buy in the Indian market which provides you vast options.
5. Asus Fonepad – The Asus Fonepad, which is an Intel Atom based tablet has been impressive with the it’s 7-inch beautiful build. It also comes with the front and rear cam with a 10 finger multi-touch support which is very rare. Also, the Fonepad comes with additional software capabilities exclusively from Asus, like Asus Launcher, MyLibrary, File Manager, SuperNote Lite, App Backup and App Locker. The price has been a bit costly, with the disadvantage of no support for 3G and being a Wi-fi only version, it has been pushed to the bottom most of the table in top 5. The quality of Asus though is uncompromising, it comes for a price of Rs 15,999. The 3G support for this tablet would have boosted it’s ranking in our tablet table for sure. You can read the complete specifications in here.
4. Acer Iconia Tab B1 – Acer recently introduced their Iconia B1 tablet in India to attract consumers. The tablet has a great 7 inch screen, dual-core processor, a front cam for Wi-fi calling with the taste of JellyBean. The problem again here is of no 3G support and only Wi-fi version available for this model of tablet. As we are not a country of Wi-fi at almost every public place, this can be a bad option for people espicially from the rural part of India. The only good thing for an Indian consumer to take back is the pricing which is as low as Rs 7,999. We can assure you that a tablet of this quality can sure be bought in for such low price if you are risking for Acer Iconia B1‘s Wi-fi only capability.
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 – This is a very old tablet from Samsung after which it never launched any major 7 inch tablets. But, still it made it to the 3rd position. The simple reason is, it has every capability which you expect to have come with an Android tablet, and the pricing makes it even more tempting as a buy. It comes with both front and rear cams, 3G capability, Android 4.1 Jellybean and finally a price as low as Rs 15,999. The only problems we see is, it’s dual-core capability with TI OMAP chipset which doesn’t give a great processing power compare to the best ones. Still, for someone who is looking to fit a tablet into his pocket, they should surely go for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 5100 – Now, we come to a tablet which is fully capable in terms of hardware capabilties and some amazing performance. The Galaxy Note 8.0 comes with an 8 inch screen which is a bit bigger than the conventional 7 inch tablets, has a quad-core processor, 16 GB of internal memory, and massive battery of 4,600 mAh which is extremely essential for tablets today. Apart from all this Samsung also offer you a stylish stylus, which was also provided for the Note I and Note II smartphones. The only problem with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 of such immense capabilities is the pricing, which is almost Rs 30,900.This high-pricing can easily shy away the Indian consumers from buying it, but sure if Samsung does something about it, then it can surely have the Indian consumers lining up for it.
1. Google Nexus 7C – Leaving everyone behind is the very obvious Google Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet easily beats all the tablets in the Indian market with it’s quad-core processing power, Nvidia’s Tegra 3 chipset, the very latest Android 4.2 JellyBean (which none of the other tablets have yet) and the recently added 3G capabilities makes it a the best Android tablet to go for, without a doubt. And to not finish it yet, the tablet is priced at just about Rs 21,999 which is almost 8k lesser than the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. We want you to note that Google Nexus 7 is the Wi-fi only version and the Google Nexus 7C is the version with 3G capabilities too.
Latest posts by Deepak Bhasin (see all)
- List of Android Devices receiving Android Nougat update - February 3, 2017
- Oppo A57 now available in India starting Rs 14,990 - February 3, 2017
- Reliance Jio launches Lyf Flame 6 with 4G LTE support for Rs 3,999 - June 5, 2016